1. Use a humidifier to add water vapor to the air.
2. Keep cold air out of your home by sealing the spots where cold air leaks in from outside. Do this by adding weather stripping around windows and doors.
3. Put an open pot of water or a kettle on your stovetop to help add more water vapor into the air.
4. If your house is extremely dry, you can benefit from a humidifier that connects to the home’s HVAC system. This will add humidity to the entire house.
5. Air-dry your clothes to reduce energy usage and release more water vapor into the air. This will temporarily add humidity to the air.
6. If you have a radiator in your home, you can increase the humidity by placing a tank or tub of water on the radiator itself. This will add water vapor to the air over time.
7. Add plants to your home. Plants increase humidity in the air through the transpiration process.
With these tips, you can eliminate those pesky health problems and keep your home more comfortable during the cold winter months.